Skills for growth is a FREE service for small businesses with between 5 and 250 employees.
Remarkable and Skills Development Scotland are working in partnership to deliver Skills for Growth, a skills diagnostic product, to Scottish Businesses.
Skills for Growth is an innovative service designed to help small businesses get the best out of the skills of their workforce.
We work with employers to:
- Discuss business priorities, objectives and challenges
- Match these objectives to the people and their current skills
- Identify current and future skills requirements
- Provide information on training programmes to fill the gaps
- Produce a People and Skills Action Plan aligned to the business objectives
- Deliver a process for measuring progress
How does it help employers?
- Increase performance by working to peoples’ strengths, resulting in a more motivated and engaged workforce
- Build confidence to invest in training and development that is focused to where it matters most
- Attract the right people by recruiting for the skills that you don’t already have in the business
- Manage change and introduce innovative workplace practices
- Support your people in understanding how they can contribute to business success
Skills for Growth has been developed by Skills Development Scotland in partnership with Remarkable, employers and training providers.
Your business will be responsible for the cost of any actions you choose to take as a result, for example, training or taking on new staff, but Skills Development Scotland will work with you to provide support and any public sector funding opportunities that could help you.