The unprecedented times we are living in have highlighted, more than ever before, the need for creating an environment that not only protects workers but promotes every facet of their wellbeing. Evidence shows that:
- 1 in 4 UK employees have a physical health condition.
- Stress, depression and anxiety are behind 44% of all cases of work-related ill health.
- 140 million days are lost each year to sickness absence.
A healthy workforce is not only an ethical priority for businesses, but can also make a significant contribution through increased productivity and reduced costs associated with sickness absence.
Our purpose at Investors in People is to Make work better and our We Invest in wellbeing accreditation will help you to do just that by identifying your strengths as well as areas for improvement. It will map where you are on your route to fostering a culture that prioritises wellbeing.
This is an especially powerful tool at a time when many workplaces have been disrupted and workforces have been required to rapidly adapt to new ways of working.
At Investors in People, we have nearly 30 years experience of supporting companies, leaders and employees work together to create better, more productive workplaces.
Since 1991 we’ve worked with a huge range of more than 50,000 organisations across 66 countries. We’ve worked with organisations big and small, from Public Sectors, SMEs, Charities, PLCs and anything in between. So we know we speak your language and can offer the specific kind of support and guidance your organisation needs.
What are the benefits
- Measure the impact of your wellbeing strategy and initiatives and identify at which step you are in the journey to integrate a culture of wellbeing
- Attract better talent. People are attracted to organisations that know how to take care of their people
- Stand out from other employers. Raise your profile and reputation by showing you are ahead of other organisations
- Online survey and face-to-face interviews to gather valuable information from your people
- Quantitative and qualitative insights help inform your wellbeing strategy and implement it better
- Automatic entry in the Investors in People Awards where we celebrate the best and the boldest organisations, rewarding their great work.
- An action plan designed to support the evolution of your strategy
- Silver, gold and platinum award levels, valid for three years
- 12 and 24-month check-ins with your practitioner
What do we assess | FrameworkSocial
The conditions of lockdown have created a hole in the social fabric of work and many of us are missing the informal interaction that comes from being amongst colleagues. Our framework recognises this as a key contributing factor to workforce wellbeing. It is strengthened by a culture that champions reward and recognition, employee voice, inclusion, diversity, community activities and family-friendly policies.Physical
We are undergoing a complete shift in the way we understand work as a result of the pandemic. We invest in wellbeing will help you understand better whether your people are being supported in the right ways across physical activity, nutrition, musculoskeletal and environmental factors.Psychological
This is a critical area for any organisation, and the psychological wellbeing of its workforce is likely being tested to its limit at this time. Critical areas that We invest in wellbeing will look for include effective communication, employee voice and how success is celebrated and recognised.CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FRAMEWORK
How are you assessed
1 | Wellbeing Framework
Our wellbeing framework will help you identify where you are at in your wellbeing journey; by looking into the areas of physical, social and psychological wellbeing. We will help you gather insights into where your organisation is doing well and where it needs improvement
2 | Your First Assessment
An assessment might sound daunting, but it isn’t. It’s a chance for our practitioner to get to know your company, your wellbeing programme and your people.
We’ll survey your people for their feedback. We’ll also talk to them, as well as the people that support the wellbeing programme.
3 | Your First Report
At the end of the assessment, we’ll produce a report summing up our findings, and giving you recommendations to help you improve.
You’ll also find out what level you’ve achieved: Silver, Gold or Platinum.
4 | Making Improvements
Becoming accredited is an achievement to celebrate! But it’s not the end of the journey. Your accreditation lasts for three years, and we’ll help you create an action plan for what changes your company’s going to make over that time.