We're calling this a revolution.
Intent-Based Leadership (IBL) is fundamentally different at its core. Challenging the traditional leader-follower model.
It’s a complete shift in leadership philosophy.
Dr. Stephen Covey, Sr., said, “I don't know of a finer model of this kind of empowering leadership”.
Imagine a workplace where....
- Employees at all levels are fully engaged, have the clarity to take decisions, are developing their skills to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Decision-making is faster and better because you are creating leaders at all levels.
- People hold themselves and others accountable.
- Curiosity, transparency, open communication, seeking diverse thinking are how everyone works.
- The customer/service user is at the heart of decisions, not just the recipient.
- People can bring their full selves to work and can contribute their full intellectual capacity.
- Innovation comes from anyone and everyone and there’s a thirst to keep learning, to keep improving.
- There is a healthy and happy workforce – at all levels – able to face whatever ambiguity, volatility, uncertainty, and complexity the world throws at it.
In this open course participants can expect highly interactive, fast-paced and community-led workshops focusing on real issues specific to your leadership challenges.
Each of the 8 workshops in the series will provide a mix of discussion, exploration, innovation, polling and gamification. You will leave each workshop with something new – language, tools and techniques – you can try in your very next meeting. There’s further support in the form of self-directed e-learning and open surgeries.
By attending this programme, you can not only get more out of who you are as a leader. You can also take IBL back into your organisation to instigate change more broadly.
- Leaders at all levels - by pushing authority as close to the front line as possible.
- Faster, better-informed decision making - as people take more responsibility and are confident to act it reduces the reliance on hierarchy and improves the quality of decision
- More resilience and the ability to adapt faster - it gives people the ability to respond quickly and effectively
- Excellence instead of error reduction - encouraging a culture of trust not back-covering
- Increased innovation and ideas generation - as people feel that they have a voice and a contribution that will be listened to, they are more likely to contribute ideas
- Improved performance - through better decision-making and greater responsibility
- More time for leaders to work on the organisation not in the organisation - as the decision-making process is shifted through the organisation, senior leaders spend less time involved in routine operational decision-making
- Higher levels of engagement - as people feel they have ownership for decision making
- Healthier, less stressed people and leaders - giving people more control reduces stress and relieves the burden on senior leaders expected to be all knowing and involved in detailed operations
Our main focus is to support leaders and managers to rethink leadership, enhance their self-awareness and create leaders at all levels back in their organisations. You could be the most senior leader in your organisation or a first-time manager who’s still transitioning into the role. The course is also aimed at senior individual contributors who are technical leaders within their organisation, knowledge experts who shape and define strategy and direction in their organisation.
The programme will be delivered in English.
This programme will be delivered by our IBL Pioneer, Kate Carmichael. Kate was instrumental in setting up our IBL offering and has been working with David Marquet and Intent-Based Leadership since 2016. A dual UK/US citizen, Kate’s been bringing IBL to life in a wide variety of organisations, from small UK charities, to regional public sectors, and to global publicly-traded companies.
The total cost of the course including all materials is £2000
2022 Dates, Times & Prices
The IBL Open Course runs as a series of 8 remotely delivered, live workshop sessions
- Monday 15th August, 15:30-17:30
- Monday 29th August, 15:30-17:30
- Optional Surgery Session 5th September,
- Monday 12th September, 15:30-17:30
- Monday 26th September, 15:30-17:30
- Optional Surgery Session 3rd October,
Break for School Holidays
- Monday 24th October, 15:30-17:30
- Monday 7th November, 15:30-17:30
- Optional Surgery Session 14th November,
- Monday 21st November, 15:30-17:30
- Optional Surgery Session 28th November,
- Follow on Session: TBC (Jan/Feb 2023)